The importance of understanding and managing the human element in your organization’s security strategy cannot be overstated as the stakes rise in the cybersecurity landscape. This whitepaper explores and exposes the intersection of threat intelligence, attack surface management, and human vulnerabilities to more effectively prioritize risk remediations. It is an invitation to reimagine how we understand and manage our attack surface and a recommendation to extend Continuous Threat Exposure Management (CTEM) programs to account for the exposure of employees and supply chain contractors to social engineering and credential compromise attacks.
This whitepaper answers the following questions:
- Why should solving for human risk be a priority?
- Why are cyber awareness training programs deficient?
- What is Human Attack Surface Protection (HASP)?
- What does a Human Attack Surface Protection program look like?
- What are the immediate and long-tail benefits of HASP?
- How can Picnic contribute to operationalizing a HASP program?